Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hungry Downtown?

  If you ever are downtown, near Martin Luther King Jr. Library, and just roaming around with a pocket full of cash and time to spend with a growling stomach. Then you should try out these food stops. Would like to note these places were reviewed on a Sunday afternoon so service may vary.
Icebee
  A frozen yogurt place, 151 S 2nd St San Jose, CA 95113, downtown with 12 flavors: Pistachio, cookie-n-cream, Icebee green tea, Icebee mango-tart, watermelon sorbet, pomegranate sorbet, very blueberry, strawberry, fancy french vanilla, cable chocolate, island coconut, Icebee signature plain yogurt. Not to forget the variety of toppings including assorted fruit, nuts, candies, etc.
  The place has a comfortable environment so you can just relax and eat your yogurt. Tried the pomegranate, strawberry, and mango tart with the topping of kiwi and it was satisfactory and cost 39 cents per ounce.
  Reasonable place to go to if you are just walking around the downtown area but the downside is that the yogurt is a bit watery so it melts quickly.
  “I thought it was alright… They had good toppings though.” stated freshman Michelle Trinh, “and a nice environment.”*
Smoke Eaters
  A restaurant, seen on Man Vs. Food with everything that ranges from 5 to10 dollars excluding sides, larger quantities, and drinks.
  The environment is mostly adults –since it has a bar. Loud when there is a sports game and the customer service is great to new customers. The wait time is between 5 to 10 minutes ranging on what you order.
  Located on 22S 3rd street with its specialty of hot wings, it is a 5 minute walk from the Martin Luther King Jr. Library if you don’t know where it is near. The Thai Zing and atomic chicken wings were good, came with a choice of dipping sauce.
  The Thai Zing taste a bit like orange chicken but much better since the taste was fresh and original. Atomic was like a classic chicken wing.
  The fries tasted normal and the grilled chicken sandwich was acceptable. It was on sourdough bread but is uncertain if they have different options.
  As stated like before the employee was great with helping me with my choice on what to choose.
  “The service was pretty fast and the grilled chicken sandwich was alright, but they stuffed a lot of lettuce in it,” said Trinh, “but their recipe was unique.”*
*Michelle Trinh noted “I am a selective eater.”

1 comment:

  1. This was the first article that I written for the Wolfpack Chronicle. I feel as it is shown in the writing that I was a beginner and was barely starting the art of reporting. I think that I sort of did a good job in reviewing the restaurant. I think I was allowed to have an opinion on the article because it was a review and it is suppose to help people understand if it was worth going to the store to eat. The things I struggled with this article were trying to find what grade I would have given the store. I didn’t want to sound like a jerk but I didn’t want to be too nice. Also trying to get quotes for the article is really hard. Since I only went to the store with a fellow reporter so I wasn’t suppose to interview her. This is what I thought about my first article.

    ReplyDelete